Dr. Albert Lynch, BVM&S, MRCVS, DACVS (SA)
Dr. Michael Ficklin, DVM, DACVS (SA)
Surgeon Registration: $2000 USD
Surgical Resident Registration: $1000 USD (Use Code: MOVEDSR at Checkout for 50% savings)
Technician Registration: $200 USD (Use Code: MOVEDVT at Checkout for 90% savings)
Since the introduction of Tibial Plateau-Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO), no other procedure has impacted the veterinary orthopedic field as significantly as TPLO. Barclay Slocum’s TPLO redefined the expectations for standard of care in cruciate repair, giving surgeons the capacity to return patients to fully active life.
The TPLO surgical technique is an advanced orthopedic procedure. Success requires not only proper planning and execution of the TPLO procedure but also competence in evaluation of the entire hind limb, joint inspection and soft tissue reconstruction.
This TPLO Workshop is offered as wet lab workshop. The workshop contains lectures on background, planning, surgical technique, clinical experience and complications, and surgeons can practice the TPLO procedure on a bone model.
Included in the workshop booking is enrollment in an online introductory course that provides relevant information about the TPLO system, indications for TPLO, pre- and post-operative care, and the surgical technique.
Top reasons why participants take a KYON TPLO workshop:
- TPLO is a widely accepted in the veterinary field to correct CCL tears.
- Offering TPLO enhances the level of care a practice can provide to their patients.
- Participants want to increase their veterinary skill set and knowledge.
Why with KYON?
- The long accepted KYON TPLO implant, and procedure, integrates a more precise rationale and biological fixation.
- Strengthen your network with other professionals and instructors.
- KYON provides supplementary documentation before and after the course.
- Small groups and extensive practical training.
This practical TPLO workshop aims to help you improve understanding of all critical aspects of TPLO and equips with the necessary skill to achieve desired results consistently.
- Examination of the stifle: Learn a comprehensive physical and orthopedic examination strategy of the complete hind limb to detect a cranial cruciate deficient stifle.
- Pre-op planning: Learn how to correctly plan a TPLO procedure using physical templates and/or digital templating tools.
- Healing process: Learn the basics of biological and biomechanical aspects in the healing process.
- Surgical technique: A solid technique is key to the success of the surgery. You will learn the surgical technique on bone models and cadaver using KYON products.
- Post-op evaluation: Evaluation of the procedure and discussion of risks, potential intra-operative complications, and potential pitfalls and technical mistakes.
- Advanced techniques: Presentations of advanced techniques on new and ongoing research.
- Complication management: Discussion on personal clinical experience and avoiding/managing complications
Workshop Outcome: After this workshop, you will be competent and able to perform veterinary TPLO procedures independently and to add it to your business offerings.
KYON TPLO Training is appropriate for veterinarians with basic orthopedic experience who are knowledgeable in fracture plating, corrective osteotomies, or TPLO techniques.
Attendees should have basic orthopedic experience and knowledge in fracture plating, corrective osteotomies, or TPLO techniques.
Your hospital OR is suitable for advanced orthopedic surgery.
Some surgeons and clinics will have more preparation to do than others. We are happy to discuss your specific circumstances and chart a path.
Surgeons will be enrolled automatically to the accompanying online course when purchasing the workshop (without additional fee for the online course). We recommend taking the course one month before attending the workshop.
CE Credits - RACE Approval
This workshop will meet the requirements for 16 CE hours of continuing education credits in jurisdiction which recognizes AAAVSB RACE approval.
Movora provides all equipment and materials for each workshop.
Movora Education Center Boston
480 William F McClellan Hwy, Boston, MA 02128, United States
The information below is provided as a courtesy. All travel accommodations are the responsibility of the registered individual(s).
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport -100 Boardman St Boston, MA 02128
Check back for a discounted room rate