KYON ALPS® PAUL-II Workshop @ VOS 2024
Proximal Abducting Ulna Osteotomy KYON
Surgeon Registration: $750
Resident Registration: $400 with discount code: VOSRESIDENT
Technician Registration: $75 (Use Code: MOVEDVT at Checkout for 90% savings)
*Residents and Technicians – Please note: In order to take advantage of the discounted price listed above, please ensure you select the correct 'Role' when you are setting up your account.
A limited number of reduced rate spaces are available for Residents. After the maximum number has been met, Residents who still wish to attend may pay the standard full price fee, attend an upcoming workshop, or join a waitlist by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proximal Abducting Ulnar Osteotomy (PAUL) is a promising advancement for the care of canine elbow dysplasia patients. While palliative, PAUL has delivered improvements of 1 – 2 lameness grades in patients as old as 10. The ideal patient is younger, ~1 – 3 years of age, in the early stage of disease. The surgical technique is straightforward. Complications are minimal, easily avoided with comprehensive instruction and modest practice.
This PAUL-II workshop is offered as a dry lab workshop. The workshop contains lectures on background, planning, surgical technique, clinical experience, and complications, plus practicing the PAUL-II procedure on a bone model.
Included in the workshop booking is enrollment in an online introductory PAUL-II course that provides relevant information about the PAUL system, indications for PAUL, pre- and post-operative care, and the surgical technique.
- PAUL provides a significant improvement to the quality of life of patients with few treatment options.
- Frustration with clinical outcomes following fragment removal and/or medical management.
- Offering PAUL elevates the standard of care you can provide to patients.
- Enhance your skill set and knowledge in treatment of forelimb lameness.
- PAUL was invented, developed and refined by KYON.
- Strengthen your network with other professionals and instructors.
- KYON provides supplementary documentation before and after the course.
- Small groups and extensive cadaver training in the wet lab courses.
This practical PAUL-II workshop aims to improve your understanding of all critical aspects of PAUL and equip you with the necessary skills to achieve consistently successful clinical outcomes.
- Function of the elbow and rationale: You will review the anatomy, structure, and function of the elbow and review the PAUL rationale and theory.
- Examination of the elbow: Learn a comprehensive physical and orthopedic examination strategy of the canine forelimb to identify elbow diseases.
- Pre-op planning: Learn how to correctly plan a PAUL procedure using physical templates and/or digital templating tools.
- Healing process: Learn the biological and biomechanical aspects of the PAUL healing and recovery process.
- Surgical technique: Disciplined technique is key to the success of the surgery. You will learn the surgical procedure on bone models using the KYON system.
- Post-op evaluation: Evaluation of the procedure and discussion of risks, potential intra-operative complications, and potential pitfalls and technical mistakes.
- Clinical Experience: Presentation of personal clinical experience by course instructors and review of the overall experience of PAUL surgeons.
- Complication management: Discussion on avoiding and managing complications and suboptimal outcomes.
CE Credits - RACE Approval
This workshop will meet the requirements for 8 CE hours of continuing education credits in jurisdiction which recognizes AAAVSB RACE approval.
Movora provides all equipment and materials for each workshop.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|KYON Certificate of Completion|